THE DROP OFF SITE SCHEDULE
The City of Grand Rapids offers a drop-off site for residential yard waste. City residents can drop-off leaves, brush, and tree branches at 2001 Butterworth SW. The days of operation are Monday through Saturday during the hours of 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The site is open from early April through mid December.
- Resident will need to show a valid ID proving residency in the City of Grand Rapids.
- Commercial dumping is not allowed
Non-Resident may use the site for a fee: Read P.S.A.
- This site cannot be used for the disposal of construction material, trash, or any other non-yard waste items.
- The use of plastic bags for the disposal of leaves (or any other yard waste) is prohibited. Residents bringing yard waste in plastic bags to the drop-off site will be asked to empty the material out of the bags and take the bags with them for proper disposal off-site.
- We would also like to remind City residents that the sweeping of leaves (or any other material) into the street or gutter is not allowed. Material swept into the street may clog catch basins, causing street flooding after heavy rain or snowmelt, and eventually ends up in our streams, rivers and lakes.
We certainly appreciate your cooperation in properly disposing of your leaves, brush and other yard waste. If you have any questions, please contact the Streets and Sanitation Department at 456-3232.