Click here for an Application!
The Grand Rapids Police Department is currently accepting applications for the Youth Police Academy.
The Grand Rapids Police Department will be hosting 2 sessions of our High School Youth Police Academy this summer. The first session is from June 22nd - June 26th and the second session is July 20th - July 24th. It is open to high school juniors and seniors in the Kent County area who may be interested in a future career in law enforcement. This 40 hour program is designed to give students a taste of what being a police officer is all about. Students who are accepted will receive hands-on instruction from officers representing many of the different units within the Grand Rapids Police Department. There is virtually no cost to the students who attend as uniforms and lunches will be provided. Students who are moving into their junior or senior years are able to apply along with seniors who are graduating in the spring of 2015.
This is a great opportunity for any student who wants to learn more about the roles and responsibilities of our police officers. The application deadline is April 2, 2015.
- Mock Crime Scene Patrol Operations Dispatch
- Special Response Team Vice Hostage Negotiations
The Youth Police Academy is conducted to accomplish the following goals:
- To educate students about a career in law enforcement
- To provide the students specific skills to prepare them for law enforcement
- To allow them to practice these skills in a positive environment
- To recruit a diverse group of applicants for our Intern Program
The selection process includes the following:
- Assessment of Student's Application
- Panel Interview
Applications for any future sessions will be found in the following places:
- By calling 456-4247 and requesting one be mailed to you
- By sending an email message to email@example.com
- In person at the GRPD Training Bureau
- By clicking here to print one
Please contact Officer Jason Gady at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or any questions.