Click here for an Application!
The Grand Rapids Police Department is not currently accepting applications for the Youth Police Academy.
This comprehensive, week long academy provides High School Juniors and Seniors, from the City of Grand Rapids, the opportunity to experience, first hand, what a career in law enforcement would be like. Over 50 hours is dedicated to physical training, classroom lecture, public speaking opportunities and "scenario based" training. The YPA is provided at no cost to the student.
- Mock Crime Scene Patrol Operations Dispatch
- Special Response Team Vice Hostage Negotiations
The Youth Police Academy is conducted to accomplish the following goals:
- To educate students about a career in law enforcement
- To provide the students specific skills to prepare them for law enforcement
- To allow them to practice these skills in a positive environment
- To recruit a diverse group of applicants for our Intern Program
The selection process includes the following:
- Assessment of Student's Application
- Panel Interview
Applications for any future sessions will be found in the following places:
- By calling 456-4247 and requesting one be mailed to you
- By sending an email message to email@example.com
- In person at the GRPD Training Bureau
- By clicking here to print one
Please contact Officer Jason Gady at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or any questions.