|1181 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
A new Engine house No. 5 was built in 1880 at Monroe and Leonard NW. In 1914 Truck 5 was added. Truck 5 was relocated to Engine House No.14, 2251 Plainfield. In 1979, the original Engine House was torn down brick by brick and moved to Allendale by Westshore Fire Equipment Company. It was rebuilt for use as a museum. Monroe Avenue Station re-opened on February 1, 1983. It currently houses Rescue Engine 5 (RE5), and Battalion 6 (BC6).