Environmental Services Department
Water Resource Recovery Facility
Presentation and Tour
The Environmental Services Department offers tours of the Water Resource Recovery Facility all year round. A tour is a great way to gain an understanding of not only the water treatment process, but also many of the green initiatives undertaken at the City of Grand Rapids.
The tour takes approximately 1.5 hours. The first half of the tour offers a presentation on the water treatment process, water recovery, and many of our green initiatives like water quality islands, rain gardens, porous concrete for stormwater management, and much more.
- All tours are free and open to the public
- Tours are only available to ages 8 and up.
- Tours are limited to 45 people, with 1 chaperone for every 15 participants under 18 years of age.
- Part of the tour is outside, so please dress for the weather.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled tour.
- If you are bringing a class and have a worksheet for your students to complete, please email us a copy before the tour at email@example.com.
- There is a barrier free route available.
Boy Scouts can earn a stand-alone FLUSH patch while learning about the importance of water as a natural resource. A tour will satisfy some criteria for the Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge, Sustainability Merit Badge, and STEM/Nova Award as well. REQUEST A TOUR NOW!