Preferred Design Meeting
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
City of Grand Rapids Development Center
1129 Monroe Avenue NW (Room 201 - 2nd Floor)
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Please take our quick project survey so we can know your suggestions for the project and about any flooding, water pressure issues, or sanitary sewer backups. Please visit surveymonkey.com/r/newberrydesign or contact us at the number above to do the survey over the phone.
Based on the feedback received, we've modified our concept design options to create a preferred design option as seen below.
Through our meetings and survey, we’ve heard support for:
- improving traffic safety at Newberry and Ottawa.
- Improving the Newberry/Ionia/Division intersections.
- widening the sidewalks.
- installing bike facilities in the right of way.
- maintaining as much parking as possible with the new design.
- greening the street with the existing and/or new trees.
We understand that businesses are sensitive to construction. For this reason, we’ve created a guide containing tips and tricks for businesses during construction.