Concrete repair between Ionia and Bostwick is now complete and new pavement markings will be placed shortly. The resurfacing on Michigan from Monroe to Ionia will be completed in the 2017 construction season.
Concrete repair on Michigan between Ionia and Bostwick is scheduled to begin July 25 and will last approximately six weeks, pending weather and contractor availability. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction. During Phase I, the eastbound curb lane will also be maintained for buses and emergency vehicles.
On Friday, July 29, the Spectrum parking ramp exit #3 will be closed to allow the contractor to complete work in front of the exit. This closure will last through Monday, August 1.
Michigan (Ionia to Bostwick) Pavement Work
July - September 2016
Michigan (Monroe to Ionia) Reconstruction
Fall 2016 or spring 2017
Many of the following design options are not decided upon and are meant to serve as a starting point for the concept design meeting conversation. The projects include:
- resurfacing the road between Monroe and Ionia.
- repairing concrete between Ionia and Barclay.
- removing the westbound lane on the south side of Michigan that connects Ionia and Ottawa.
- removing the bus lane on the south side of Michigan between Bostwick and Barclay.
- straightening the alignment of the travel and turn lanes on Michigan.
- upgrading sidewalks and ramps to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- installing green infrastructure such as street trees, rain gardens, median islands, and infiltration basins to retain and soak stormwater into the ground to filter pollutants and reduce runoff entering natural bodies of water.
- creating pedestrian islands to lessen the street crossing distance for people walking.
We understand that businesses are sensitive to construction. For this reason, we’ve created a guide containing tips and tricks for businesses during construction.