This project is currently in the design phase. Work is scheduled to begin in 2017. Prior to construction, a mailer with information on the project will be sent to all property owners.
This work will be completed in three phases:
- Phase 1: Michigan to Oak Industrial
- Phase 2: Oak Industrial to north end of I-196 bridge
- Phase 3: north end of I-196 bridge to Leonard
The City will install a sidewalk on the west side of Maryland between Michigan and Oak Industrial and the east side of Maryland between Oak Industrial and Leonard. This work will include:
- constructing a new five foot wide concrete sidewalk as described above.
- replacement of drive approaches.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant sidewalk ramps.
- modification to the guardrail on Maryland over I-196 to provide for pedestrian access.