Construction on the “Complete Streets” project began on Bartlett, Finney and Williams in May 2015 and is finished three weeks ahead of schedule. The $3.2 million project was funded by a Michigan Department of Transportation Economic Development Fund - Category A grant secured as a result of the Founders Brewing Co. expansion and the additional forecasted jobs; the Downtown Development Authority; the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority; the city’s Water System, Sewer System, Vital Streets Capital and Capital Improvement Funds; and Founders Brewing Company.
- Bartlett (Market to Grandville)
- Finney (Wealthy to Williams)
- Market (Wealthy to Williams)
- Williams (Market to Grandville)
The project included:
- reconstructing the roads and curb.
- placing some utility cables underground.
- installing porous pavement parking lanes and ornamental street lighting.
- replacing water mains, stormwater sewers and santary sewers.
- upgrading sidewalks and ramps to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- installing planters, 78 street trees, bio-swales and other landscaping elements.
We understand that businesses are sensitive to construction. For this reason, we’ve created a guide containing tips and tricks for businesses during construction.